FIFA.com - Latest News

Adamu beats Carl Dilks to win Commonwealth title

Adamu beats Carl Dilks to win Commonwealth title

Carl Dilks
Dilks suffered the second defeat of his professional career
Ghana's Charles Adamu earned a split decision victory over Liverpool's Carl Dilks to win the vacant Commonwealth super-middleweight title on Friday.
Dilks, 26, suffered the second loss of his 15-fight professional career with the judges scoring the fight 116-113, 113-115 and 115-114 in favour of Adamu.
Adamu, 32, who took his record to 17 victories and four defeats.
"I'm only 26 and I can still come again and hopefully try to get a rematch and set the record straight," said Dilks.
Dilks, with a reach advantage, largely stuck behind his jab throughout the fight but Adamu's all-action style ultimately caught the judges eye.
"In the last round, I thought I'd done just enough to win it," said Dilks. "I thought it was very close going into the last minute - we needed a big round.
"I think I boxed the right fight. Maybe I should have been moving my head a little bit more but I've only had three-and-a-half weeks notice and I've done 12 rounds."

0 comments:

Post a Comment